A family law attorney specializes in laws concerning family matters. They handle a variety of cases such as divorce, domestic violence, adaptation, child custody, dowry, matters concerning will & property etc. Family law attorneys are responsible for preparing legal documents like agreements, pleadings etc. They are required to attend court proceedings in order to represent their clients.
They advise their clients on legal procedures. They are responsible for investigating a case, conducting research, studying similar case histories, preparing arguments & evidences to be produced in the court, collecting and storing important data related to the case, interviewing their clients, witnesses and also communicating with the adverse party. Family law attorneys should have good communication & interpersonal skills along with good organizational skills.
Family Law Attorney Job Duties
- Family law Attorneys handle cases related to family law.
- Family Law Attorneys are responsible for obtaining information, conducting research related to the case.
- Family law attorneys prepare evidences for trials and hearings.
- Family law attorneys are responsible for preparing all legal documents related to the case.
- Family law attorneys are responsible for locating, contacting and interviewing witnesses.
- They need to analyze the obtained information and prepare written reports.
- Family Law attorneys need to perform administrative duties such as drafting letters, doing all the paper work, storing data, answering phone calls.
- Family Law Attorneys need to communicate with their clients and frequently arrange meeting with them.
- Family Law Attorneys are responsible for explaining all the legal procedure to their clients, educating them about the laws related to the case, informing them about their rights as well as limitations.
- Family Law Attorneys need to also communicate with the adverse party.
- They need to attend all court proceedings in order to represent their clients.
- They need maintain confidentiality.