An environmental consultant is one who provides consultancy to clients with regard to different kinds of environmental issues. The environmental consultant job duties are diversified to different fields of environmental issues such as air, water, land and other kinds of pollutions.
The candidate should have excellent analytical and mathematical skills to excel in this job. There are a lot of job duties of an environmental consultant as provided here below.
Environmental Consultant Job Duties
- Providing an update on the various environmental legislations and guiding the company accordingly.
- The candidate has to conduct technical analysis and provide statistical data with regard to the same for assessing the level of pollution effected in the region under study.
- Prepare detailed reports for environmental study undertaken on behalf of the company.
- Provides electronic model for environmental contamination causes and suggest suitable remedies for the same.
- Provide immediate attention to all the critical parameters of pollutants and bring them to the notice of the higher authorities and the company top official concerned along with viable remedies.
- Collect samples of water and soil where necessary and conduct laboratory analysis to identify quality of the same and provide detailed report in prescribed format.
- Coordinating with clients and environmental regulators and other departments on behalf of the company.
- Provide technical evaluation of the pollutants according to the requirement of the clients of the company.
- Comprehend and implement the environmental policies in coordination with the policy of the company at all times.
- Prepare statement for claiming benefits and tax exemptions from the government environmental department by applying the proper rates of tax and submission within a timely manner every year.
- To devise internal mechanism and strategies to bring down environmental pollution and implement the same on approval from the top management of the company.