English Professor job duties include teaching English to the students. Like other professors, English professors are also required to prepare question papers for the students, conduct both internal as well as external examination, assess the answer sheets, grade their students, help them out in understanding the subject properly and carry out a number of other tasks. English professors are involved in a number of other tasks as well; few of these are mentioned below.
English Professor Job Duties
- English Professor needs to take lectures on the English subject and ensure that the students are able to understand the various aspects of this subject.
- English Professor is required to prepare lesson plans for his students.
- English Professor is required to assess the knowledge of the students by conducting tests on regular basis.
- English Professor needs to prepare test papers for English tests and conduct the tests in his presence.
- English Professor is required to check the test papers and mark the students based on their performance in the test.
- English Professor is required to segregate the students based on their performance and give special attention to the students who have not been performing well.
- English Professor is required to give individual attention to the students and ensure that the students understand various aspects of the subject thoroughly.
- English Professor may encourage the students to read English newspapers, magazines, etc in order to strengthen their English vocabulary.
- English Professor is also involved in compiling material for the college/ university magazine. He may be required to edit the content collected for this magazine.
- English Professor is involved in organizing and conducting English language quiz and other competitions in the college/ university.
- English Professor is involved in preparing education programs on this subject.
- English Professor may be involved in conducting research and finding out ways to make improvisations in the present education system.