An Electrician is expected to install, maintain and test electronic equipments, wiring, apparatus, etc by using different electrical tools. It is essential for a candidate to have thorough knowledge about the various electrical or electronic equipments and the ways to use them. Candidates having prior work experience in the field are given preference.
Electrician Job Duties
- Electricians need to install and maintain the electrical equipments and appliances
- They need to install electrical wirings and conduct testing to ensure that it is working properly
- They must be efficient in using hand tools and power tools to conduct various tasks
- Electricians must maintain these tools and must know how to adjust them as per their requirement
- They need to identify any defects in the electrical systems and repair them
- They are required to oversee the electrical apparatus and other components to ensure that they are in good working condition.
- They need to connect wires to the transformers and other components
- Electricians are required to check various electrical equipments and see if they are safe to use. They need to rectify any problem arising in these equipments
- They must know how to operate and maintain testing devices like voltmeters, oscilloscopes, ohmmeters, etc
- They must either possess an electrician’s license or identification card in order to meet the regulations set by the government
- Electricians are required to plan the layout and installation of electrical wiring and equipments
- They are required to train their subordinates for these tasks and assist them in performing the work efficiently