Domestic Engineer Job Duties include performing household work such as cleaning the houses by dusting, vacuuming, washing, etc. He is also involved in handling the laundry tasks, cooking, gardening and even taking care of the children. He may be employed at one household or might work for more than one house at a time.
It is essential to have essential knowledge about handling all these tasks in order to work as a domestic engineer. Candidates having some experience working as a domestic engineer stand a better chance to get this job.
Domestic Engineer Job Duties
- Domestic Engineer is required to clean the houses. Cleaning includes various tasks such as mopping the floor, dusting the furniture, scrubbing the door and window panes, polishing the doors, windows, cupboards, etc.
- Domestic Engineer needs to clean the entire house including kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, living room as well as the garden area.
- Domestic Engineer is required to handle the laundry work. He needs to do everything including washing, folding, ironing and keeping the cloths properly in the cupboards.
- Domestic Engineer is required to ask the family members about their food preference go out shopping for fruits and vegetables and prepare the food.
- Domestic Engineer needs to serve the food and also clear the table after the breakfast/ lunch/ dinner is consumed.
- Domestic Engineer is also required to clean the utensils in the dishwasher or manually as is the instruction of his employer.
- Domestic Engineer also needs to do gardening work.
- Domestic Engineer needs to take care of the children.
- Domestic Engineer is required to bathe the children, dress them up, change the baby diapers, make them eat food, read stories for them, play with them, clean their toys and arrange them properly.
- Domestic Engineer also needs to take the kids to school and fetch them back.