Director of Purchasing Duties
The main job duty of Director of Purchasing is to give direction to the materials management and purchasing function to achieve service and inventory goals as well as the development of best in class processes to drive service level improvement.
Being the person in charge of purchasing, he will have to work across functional and geographic boundaries to ensure high levels of customer service and satisfaction relative to inventory service levels and management and communication of inventory failures.
Job Duties of Director of Purchasing
- · His job duty is to develop and maintain a high-performance culture in the function, resulting in continued success meeting functional KPIs and improved levels of customer service to interior and exterior customers.
- · He will have to identify and develop key talent and appropriately manage underperformers and ensures that all individuals get success in the department.
- · Being in the most responsible position, he will have to manage the tactical operations of the materials management and purchasing function and staff.
- · His collaboration with inventory management team is extremely essential to ensure accurate Forecasting and inventory planning.
- · You must liaise with the counterparts in other functional areas such as Sales, Product Management, and Warehouse personnel to see that activities and objectives work in perfect alignment.