Dietary Technician Job Duties include counseling their patients on following healthy eating habits. They may also give tips on preparing healthy food items to the patients and their families. Dietary Technicians may be employed at health agencies, hospitals, nursing homes, health clubs or even universities. It is essential to have knowledge about the nutritional value of various food items in order to handle this position. One must undergo a relevant degree course to acquire the post of a Dietary Technician.
Dietary Technician Job Duties
- Dietary Technician is required to guide the patients on eating healthy food items.
- Dietary Technician needs to provide dietary consultation to the patients and their families.
- Dietary Technician is required to give nutritional therapy sessions to the patients.
- Dietary Technician needs to be updated with the information about the latest health drinks and other food items that are launched in the market.
- Dietary Technician is required to prepare diet charts for the patients and explain the same to same.
- Dietary Technician needs to supervise the production of food and the food service at the hospital or other institution where he is employed.
- Dietary Technician needs to study the dietary background of the patients who come to visit him before planning their nutritional charts.
- Dietary Technician is also required to help the patients in making correct selection of food.
- Dietary Technician prepares nutritional programs as per the patient’s specific requirement.
- Dietary Technician may be required to prepare dietary education programs for the patients.
- Dietary Technician needs to adhere to the company’s policies and procedures while dealing with the clients/ patients.
- Dietary Technician is required to give an estimate about the cost involved in different nutritional counseling sessions.
- Dietary Technician is required to maintain a record of the patients visiting him.
- Dietary Technician needs to ensure that all the required paper work is completed before starting with the dietary counseling sessions.