Dialysis Nurse Job Duties include taking care of the patients suffering from kidney problem. She is involved in the treatment of patients and assists the doctors in removing toxins and excess water from these patients’ body. It is essential to be a registered nurse in order to handle the duties of a dialysis nurse. One is required to clear the nursing state licensing exam in order to get into this position. Though, there is no prior work experience required to get into this position, however having a relevant experience in this field helps in handling various job duties efficiently.
Dialysis Nurse Job Duties
- Dialysis Nurse is required to assist the doctors in treating patients suffering from kidney problem.
- Dialysis Nurse needs to remove toxins and excess water from the patient’s body under the guidance of the doctor
- Dialysis Nurse is required to ensure that the patient’s blood pressure and pulse rate are normal while carrying out the kidney treatment. She needs to monitor both these constantly while the treatment is going on.
- Dialysis Nurse needs to give information about the dialysis procedure to the patients and prepare them for the same.
- Dialysis Nurse is required to give fluid injections to the patients who are suffering from renal failure.
- Dialysis Nurse is required to ensure that the medical tools and equipments used while carrying out the dialysis procedure are clean and kept under hygienic conditions.
- Dialysis Nurse is required to maintain hygiene in the ward where the patient is admitted.
- Dialysis Nurse needs to ensure that the patients are given the medicines and injections on time.
- Dialysis Nurse is required to see to it that the patients are given the correct diet as per their health condition and that they consume food on time.
- Dialysis Nurse is required to help the patients in recovering fast.