Development Associate, Individuals and Family Foundations Duties
Being the development associate, you will be responsible for supporting the fundraising efforts of the organization from individuals and family foundations. This position is part of the Development team. The Development Associate will be a part of the development team and he will have to report directly to the Major Gifts Officer of the foundation.
Job Duties of development associate
• You will have to raise $500,000 and manage a portfolio of 150-200 individuals and family foundations giving between $4,000 and $20,000 on an approximate basis.
• You will have to make a comprehensive strategy for engaging the Reading Room and Girls’ Education Program donors. You will have to work in close association with the Development Director for creating communications pieces for your group of donors.
• You will have to develop and maintain a strong relationship with the individuals and family foundations at the $4,000 to $20,000 level. This will include the necessary grant and report writing.
• Work with the Development Analyst, Individuals and Family Foundations, to assign new high net worth donors to the Major Gift Officers in the San Francisco and New York offices.
• Maintain a system of ongoing communications with Room to Read’s “Sponsor a Project” donors.
• Your additional responsibilities will include work with the graphic designers to new attractive marketing materials for the high donors.
• You will have to manage communications with the donors and plan the logistics in consultation with the Program Operations Associate.