Dental technicians are assigned the duty of assisting the dentists in carrying out the treatments of various oral diseases and injuries. In order to work as a dental technician one needs to have a relevant educational qualification. Also he/ she must be trained efficiently before carrying out any such activity.
Dental Technician Job Duties
- A dental technician is required to help the dentists or dental health care providers in curing various oral diseases and injuries.
- He/ She are also expected to assist the health care providers in making an effort to prevent any oral disease or injury in the first place.
- A dental technician is expected to assist the dentist while a dental procedure is going on.
- A dental technician must have a thorough knowledge about the use of various dental tools, equipment and medicines
- He/ She must be able to prepare various dental medications and materials used in dental treatments
- A dental technician needs to take dental X-rays in order to figure out the problem
- He/ She must also be able to expose and process dental X-rays
- He/ She must be well versed with providing first aid in case of dental emergency
- A dental technician must take it as a duty to give information about dental hygiene to the patients
- He/ She must also provide information regarding dental care to the patients
- He/ She is also expected to carry out all the dental administrative work
- He/ She must keep a record of the patients visiting for dental check-up.
- A dental technician must also maintain a record of the treatments and the reports of the patients.