Dental Nurse Job Duties include taking care of the patients suffering from tooth ache or other dental problems. She is required to help the dentists in carrying out various tasks such as performing dental check-ups, dental treatments or surgeries. It is essential for a dental nurse to have a relevant degree and training in carrying out various dental procedures. She must also have thorough knowledge about dental terminology. Having a relevant work experience helps in getting good job opportunities in this field.
Dental Nurse Job Duties
- Dental Nurse is required to assist the dentists in carrying out various dental procedures.
- Dental Nurse needs to keep all the essential material and instruments used during the dental surgery ready to be used by the dentists.
- Dental Nurse needs to ensure that all the instruments used while performing dental check-ups, treatments and surgeries are cleaned and maintained properly.
- Dental Nurse needs to ensure that the patient’s files and other records are maintained.
- Dental Nurse is required calm the patients before they undergo any dental procedure.
- Dental Nurse also needs to give some information about the dental procedure that the patient would be undergoing.
- Dental Nurse is required to take care of the patients suffering from dental problems.
- Dental Nurse is required to help the patients in taking meals after they undergo dental surgery or any other dental treatments.
- Dental Nurse is required to ensure that the patients take their medicines on time.
- Dental Nurse needs to motivate the patients and help them recover soon.
- Dental Nurse needs to help the patients undergoing dental ailments in brushing their teeth.
- Dental Nurse is required to make sure that the patients maintain oral hygiene.
- Dental Nurse is required to ensure that cross infection control is maintained.
- Dental Nurse needs to work as a part of the team and coordinate with the dentists and other team members to carry out various tasks efficiently.