Dairy Manager Job Duties include managing various tasks at a dairy in order to ensure that the business runs smoothly. They need to take care of the finances and make strategies to generate revenue. In order to get into this position one must have thorough knowledge about the various tasks handled at the dairy.
Dairy Manager Job Duties
- Dairy Managers need to oversee the various tasks that go on in the dairy and see to it that everything is being handled efficiently
- They need to check the records of the supplies at the dairy and ensure that all the required items are in stock
- They need to coordinate with the consultants in order to carry out the various dairy tasks efficiently. They are required to supervise various dairy activities
- Dairy Managers need to liaison with the lenders and prepare marketing plans.
- They need to buy provisions and various other things for the daily use at dairy
- They take care of the animals at dairy and see to it that the animals are fed properly and ensure their health
- They must arrange the visits of nutritionists and veterinarians at the dairy in order to make sure that the animals are in good health
- Dairy Managers are responsible for the overall activities at the dairy
- They are involved in identifying manpower requirement and hiring new staff
- Dairy Managers conduct staff meetings in order to stay updated with the latest information about the diary products
- They need to guide the dairy staff, evaluate their performance and give them feedback about their work