Court Reporter Job Duties include preparing word to word transcripts of the legal meetings, seminars, speeches, conversations and legal proceedings. It is essential for them to record the correct word spoken by the parties. They may even make use of the stenotype machines to record the conversations. It is essential to have knowledge about the legal terminology to work efficiently as a court reporter.
Court Reporter Job Duties
- Court Reporter is required to prepare transcripts of the legal meetings, speeches, proceedings and conversations.
- Court Reporter needs to make use of different methods to record the exact wordings.
- Court Reporter may make use of stenotype machines for recording purpose.
- Court Reporter is required to be present at the legal seminars, meetings, proceedings etc to prepare the transcripts.
- Court Reporter is required to travel in order to collect data for the transcripts.
- Court Reporter needs to prepare legal documents with the help of transcripts.
- Court Reporter may be required to help the trial attorney in handling legal documentation related tasks.
- Court Reporter may even be required to assist the trial attorney in conducting research activity for the case and investigating it.
- Court Reporter may also be required to assist the judges in organizing the information gathered during the hearing and conducting research based on it.
- Court Reporter may be involved in maintaining legal records related to different cases.
- Court Reporter is required to be present in the courtroom during hearings of certain cases.
- Court Reporter is required to ensure that he follows the legal course while handling various reporting tasks.