Court Officer Job Duties include preparing security plans for the witnesses, court personnel, prisoners and those present in the courtroom. It is essential to have a working knowledge about the law enforcement field in order to get into this field. A Court Officer must be physically fit and mentally strong.
Court Officer Job Duties
- Court Officer is required to maintain the court orders.
- Court Officer needs to ensure the safety and security of judges, lawyers, court staff, prisoners and other people present in the court room or any other courthouse area.
- Court Officer is required to take the required action in case any unruly situation occurs in the courthouse.
- Court Officer is required to keep a check on the activities of the various people present in the courtroom and identify any unpleasant element.
- Court Officer is required to be ready to handle chaotic and disruptive situations at all times.
- Court Officer is required to safeguard the privacy of the judges and the law cases they are handling.
- Court Officer is required to monitor the area where the prisoners are detained and ensure peace there.
- Court Officer is required to ensure that the prisoners are being given timely meals.
- Court Officer is required to inspect the courtrooms, lockups, lobby area and other designated areas of the courthouse from time to time.
- Court Officer may make use of bomb detecting equipments in order to locate any explosive or other such device in the courtroom.
- Court Officer is required to keep a check on the prisoners while they are being taken from the detention area to the courtroom.