Being a cook, your main duties will be to cook and prepare the food as per the methods and specifications mentioned in the policies of the management. You must ensure that you are cooking all food items in a timely and correct manner so that the customers need not have to wait much after placing the order.
Job Duties of a Cook
- You will have to prepare and cook all the food as demanded by the customer and that too in a proper manner and within time so that the customer does not have to wait much after placing the order.
- If you feel that any changes are necessary or you are feeling regular shortage of certain things, you must get in touch with the Kitchen Manager and F&B Manager so that they can take appropriate action.
- You will have to rotate the food supplies as per the standard food rotation procedures. You may have to receive the food supplies in the kitchen and store them in the refrigerator.
- You will have to clean and operate the food preparation equipments and see that all food is prepared in a safe and hygienic environment.
- You will also have to take some care of the cleanliness of the kitchen and have a look at the daily cleaning and closing checklists.