Construction Worker Duties
Construction worker are people working in a construction site or project. They mostly relate to laborers or small workers in the project. They aren’t involved in the designing and finance management issues but are more confined to applying skills in constructing the infrastructure. Construction workers include the laborers, plumbers, etc working in the construction.
Construction Worker Job Duties
- Developed tools used for construction.
- Responsible for constructing the metal equipments used for the formation of the larger project.
- Scrutinized the junior workers in their work and showed them the uses of tools.
- Maintained records of materials and resources supplied for construction.
- Informed contractor about the progress of work.
- Supervised minor construction works.
- Performed cleaning tasks.
- Oversaw delivery of construction materials as bricks, cement and maintained records of it.
- Ensured contractor paid workers at the required payment due time.
- Lubricated, cleaned and repaired construction machinery, tools and equipments.
- Mixed ingredients to create materials for construction.
- Performed physical labor for excavation and shoveling.
- Operated machinery and construction equipments when required.
- Provided leadership for all construction workers and accessed their work problems.
- Acted as a mediator and communication link between the workers and the builder.
- Load and unloaded trucks of building materials.
- Did manual labour work like placing culvert sections, laying boulders, fitting pipelines and spread concrete in tracks.