Construction manager’s responsibility is to oversee all the construction work and ensure that it is carried out efficiently, within budget constraints and in a timely manner. They are responsible for coordinating and hiring contractors and workers. They need to work in teams and need to work closely with engineers, architects and designers.
They should have good management and organizational skills. They should also have good communication and interpersonal skills. They are responsible for maximizing efficiency of resources by participating in day to day activities. They also need to make decisions regarding the procurement of building materials and equipments.
They should have the technical knowledge of construction works and practices. They are responsible for avoidance of delays, changes and resolving any sort of dispute which affects the ongoing work.
Construction Management Job Duties
- Construction manager is responsible for managing a construction project and planning nearly all aspects related to it.
- Construction managers are responsible for hiring contractors, suppliers and workers and supervising them.
- Construction managers work with designers and architects to plan the design of the construction.
- Construction managers need to coordinate with engineers and decide on the technical aspects of the construction work like purchasing of building materials, survey the construction site, performing tests in order figure out the ground and water level.
- It is the responsibility of a construction manager to look into day to day activities and participate in them.
- Construction managers are needed to estimate the cost of the construction project and ensuring that the resource management is planned keeping the budget in mind.
- They need to handle all the paperwork related to the construction.
- Construction managers need to obtain the necessary licenses and permits from authorities to carry out the work legally.
- Construction managers need to ensure that the project is completed in time.