Computer Network Technician Duties
As an appointed Computer network technician you must be aware of current standards and terminology used for local area networks (LANs) and larger wide area networks (WANs). You should provide support your company’s overall computer networks and then execute the planned networks. Moreover you will have to run existing computer networks and troubleshoot problems when they occur.
Duties of Computer Network Technician
- While you are planning a computer network you need to analyze the costs and requirements of the company.
- You will have to choose the proper media including the fiber-optic cable or may be a wireless if the situation demands.
- Computer network technicians should also advise appropriate network addressing systems, proper layouts for diverse network configurations, and proper connection devices.
- While you will implement a computer network you should design and follow administrative strategies to meet specific needs that include account management and security.
- Much of your job responsibility involved to implement a network comprises installation, configuration, and resolving inconsistencies among diverse hardware used in the network, such as network adapters.
- As a Computer Network Technician you should identify problems in common components of the network, for example cables, cards and other related hardware. You should also establish recovery plans while network failure occurs.