A clinical nurse manager is the manager or leader of the nursing staff or unit of a hospital or nursing home etc. A clinical nurse manager is responsible for the overall functioning of the nursing unit and should have strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills. The management of supply chain budgets, employee performance analysis etc. form the part of the work profile of a clinical nurse manager as this is the epitome position in the given field. The following are some of the most important of the job duties of a clinical nurse manager.
Clinical nurse manager job duties
- A clinical nurse manager is responsible for allotting shift timings to the nurses and looking after the fact that the shifts etc. are properly managed.
- It is the duty of clinical nurse manager to hire nurses at various positions on the basis of their skills, qualifications and education etc.
- A clinical nurse manager must conduct employee performance evaluations on a regular basis to bring out the best from the nurses and improve the overall performance of the nursing home/hospital.
- Taking care of the supply and chain budgets is also one of the duties of anyone who is working at the post of a clinical nurse manager.
- He/she is also responsible for conducting staff training so as to train the new nurses.
- Constant assessment activities and research work on the ongoing trends of the nursing field is a duty of a clinical nurse manager so as to keep the nursing unit updated and well informed.
- To give special attention to the health of the patients is also one of the important duties of a clinical nurse manager.
- Another duty of a clinical nurse manager is to provide feedback and mentoring to the nurses and taking the decision to fire those who aren’t producing good results or doing their duties properly.