A city bus driver is a person whose job is to drive a bus within a city. Any person who is well versed with the routes of a particular city and holds a bus driving license can become a city bus driver. Any city bus driver carries passengers from one part of the city to another either for daily commuting purpose or for city tours. These bus drivers have many job duties associated with their job. The following are a few of them:
City Bus Driver Job Duties:
- A city bus driver’s primary duty is to take the passengers to a desired part of the city.
- This job duty involves the bus driver’s to pick up the passengers who wish to take the particular route of the bus, have them seated and drop them off to the destination part of the city.
- Apart from this primary duty, a city bus driver is also required to ensure the safety of all the passengers for which he is required to drive as per traffic rules and driving regulations.
- A city bus driver’s job duties also include repairing and maintaining the bus on a regular basis and keeping it neat and clean.
- In the job duties of a city bus driver, another duty is to see to the fact that all the passengers have paid the fare for their city bus ride.
- It is the duty of a city bus driver to get his license renewed in the case of expiry of the same.