Charge Nurse is required to supervise the nursing staff and make sure that they carry out the assigned tasks appropriately. She is also involved in carrying out medical treatments for some patients. Charge Nurse job duties include ensuring that the patients are given proper attention and care. She needs to assess the work done by other nurses and rate them accordingly. It is essential to have a good amount of experience in this field and good leadership qualities in order to get into this position and handle it well.
Charge Nurse Job Duties
- Charge Nurse is required to help the doctors and other medical staff members in performing the patient’s treatment.
- Charge Nurse is required to see to it that the other nursing staff members perform their duties appropriately.
- Charge Nurse is required to train the nursing staff members to carry out various nursing tasks.
- Charge Nurse needs to ensure that proper hygiene is maintained in the wards and other areas in the hospital/ nursing home.
- Charge Nurse is required to ensure that the nurses check the patient’s weight, blood pressure and body temperature on a regular basis and maintain a record of the same.
- Charge Nurse needs to supervise the other nurses and give them instructions on carrying out various tasks.
- Charge Nurse is required to assess the performance of the nurses and give them feedback on the same.
Charge Nurse needs to ensure that the patients take their medicines on time. She is required to see to it that they are given the correct dosage.
- Charge Nurse is required to assist the patients in taking their meals. She needs to ensure that the meals given to them are healthy and nutritional.
- Charge Nurse needs to work as per the set hospital norms and also ensure that the other nursing staff adheres to the rules and regulations.