A certified public accountant is one who is licensed by the state board of accountants and provides advice to the clients on personal financial planning. Certified public accountant job duties involve financial planning, financial goal setting, insurance planning, risk management, estate planning, education planning, tax planning etc. The job duties of a certified public accountant are provided in a more detailed way below.
Certified Public Accountant Job Duties
- Maintains and audits all the financial transactions of the company on a regular basis.
- Ensure proper financial management at all levels of the company by keeping a tab on the key financial areas.
- Undertakes the proper planning and preparation of the budget of the company in coordination with all the concerned departments of the company.
- Provide analysis of the fiscal parameters of the company which are key success indicators for the company.
- Prepare the tax returns for the company by complying with all the regulatory requirements and also providing suggestions to the company management for reduction of tax liability.
- Report all kinds of errors in financial information to the top management and suggest corrective measures within the shortest possible time.
- Act as a guide for preventing all kinds of fraud that are possible in the company by following strict financial policies and principles at all levels of the organization.
- Identify all the key areas that have variance from the forecasts and plug the loopholes in every possible manner to help prevent major financial loss for the company.
- Ensure payment of all kinds of government taxes and fees in a timely manner every year without fail.
- Act as a key person in the organization for prevention of fraud and misuse of funds of the company by implementing teams and strategies in all departments of the company that handle finances in a minor and major way.