A central supply worker or clerk is a job position of the medical or surgical industry and any person working at this post is hired to perform a combination of duties. He/she is mainly responsible for receiving surgical and medical supplies and making sure that they are in proper working order and condition.
Apart from this, a central supply worker must take care of maintaining the supplies and ordering the ones that the hospital is short of. To know more about the duties of a central supply worker, you can refer to the following given information
Central supply job duties
- One of the major job duties of a central supply worker is to receive the surgical equipments and apparatus and store them in the designated areas.
- Another main duty of anyone who is working at the position of a central supply worker is to prepare packs of the supplies received, for example, making packs of instruments, treatment trays, supplies etc. in accordance with wraps, labels, codes etc.
- It is the duty of a central supply worker to order inventory supplies and file requisitions etc. in a timely manner.
- Another duty which a central supply worker has to fulfil is to sterilize instruments like trays, surgical packs, surgical linen etc. by making use of sterilizers such as antiseptic solution, autoclave etc.
- It is the duty of a central supply worker to wash and scrub various kinds of surgical or medical equipments such as suction units and aspirators etc.
- He/she must also prepare records of the items ordered, items received, items in inventory, items in usage etc. from time to time.
- A central supply worker is also required to look after proper utilization, usage and maintenance of the surgical and other medical supplies and see to it that they are in proper working order.