Central Major Gift Officer Duties
The major job of Central Major Gift Officer will be to identify and cultivate individual prospects in support of priorities of the University. Your particular focus will be on the gifts that range between 100K to 999K level. The CMGO will have to work with the frontline fundraisers and develop strategies and execute them to optimize their potential of donating to the university.
Job Duties of a Central Major Gift Officer
• The Central Major Gift Officer will have to visit fifteen prospects every month and make two planned solicitations every month.
• As an officer in this position, you will be responsible for identifying and cultivating individuals who are capable of making a gift of $100,000-$999,000 to the University.
• You will have to actively and strategically manage a portfolio of large number of prospects and keep in touch with them on a regular basis.
• Your responsibility will be to work with the key volunteers and the board members and academic leaders in identification of major gift ideas. You will have to work in close contact with the Directors of Development and adopt a team approach so that donor’s contribution can be maximized.
• In addition to this, you will have to work with the Department of Development Research to pick up the new prospects and in the process you need to support the cultivation and solicitation.