A Caterer is required to prepare food as per the order given by the client. Caterer job duties include ensuring that the food is prepared as per the requirement of the client as well as within the budget set by him/ her. It is essential to have knowledge about the preparation of various food items and a good experience in this field in order to get into this position.
Caterer Job Duties
- Caterer is required to understand the client’s requirement regarding the preparation of different food items.
- Caterer needs to prepare various food items as per the order placed by them.
- Caterer is required to serve food to the clients.
- Caterer is required to prepare a menu that would include all the food items they specialize in and would be able to prepare for their clients.
- Caterer is required to have knowledge about the preparation of various kinds of food items, be it appetizers, salads, desserts or main course.
- Caterer is required to propagate about his services in order to enhance his business.
- Caterer needs to ensure that the food is prepared as per the budget set by the client.
- Caterer is required to take down the client’s orders and make sure that all the preparation is done as per it.
- Caterer is required to communicate the rates of different food items to the client.
- Caterer may be required to negotiate the amount with the client.
- Caterer needs to prepare strategies for acquiring new clients and sustaining the existing ones.