Have you experienced going to a supermarket or a department and you had to wait in long queue because the cashier was single-handily attending to the customers? How you wished there were more cashiers then!
A cashier is someone who receives and disburses money to customers, be it in banks or at any shop. However, a cashier’s work does not only entail receiving and disbursing money. His/her work is actually more than just that.
Cashier Job Duties
- Maintain a cheerful attitude and an approachable look towards clients and customers
- Receive checks, credit cards, voucher, debit cards, discount coupons
- Quick in handling these cards and quick to respond to the customers
- Quickly calculate the items to be charged to the customers
- Issue slips, refunds, change or receipts responsibly.
- Count the money left on the drawer before starting off the shift the next day to avoid discrepancies to transactions on that day
- Manage faster transaction, when there is a rush at the counter at any given time
- Aware of the prices of goods and materials, and use calculators and cash registers intelligently
- Understand and try to solve customer’s complaints
- Cash in checks for the customers
- Weigh items properly
- KEEP SMILING