Carpenter Job Duties include working with different tools for creating and mending doors, windows, furniture and various other things. A carpenter is expected to be skilled in his work for which he may undergo training. Employers prefer candidates with a high school diploma and some work experience in this field.
Carpenter Job Duties
- Carpenters are expected to maintain various buildings and facilities
- They are required to inspect the buildings and other areas and see if any repair work is required.
- They need to build new doors, windows, furniture such as beds, sofas, chairs, tables, etc. Carpenters are also involved in the repair work of these items.
- They are required to monitor the weather stripping and replace them if required.
- Carpenters are required to maintain the interiors of the buildings and other structures
- They need to see to it that the exteriors of the buildings and other structures are intact. Carpenters are required to repair them if required
- They are required to lay the foundations of the buildings
- Carpenters are required to prepare material for the cement framing
- Carpenters are required to mix and pour the cements and create cement forms for performing various carpentry tasks
- They need to frame the doors and windows
- They are required to do the finishing work of the already constructed buildings
- Carpenters are required to operate the carpentry tools to perform various tasks.
- They are also required to maintain these tools and adjust them as per their requirement.
- They need to maintain a log of the tasks performed by them