A CAD technician prepares designs for buildings and machinery by using CAD systems. A CAD technician or computer-aided design technician’s work basically involves manufacturing different electronic adaptations of technical drawings which are first created on a paper. A computer-aided design technician has the option of working in different industries including manufacturing, engineering and construction.
CAD Technician Job Duties
- A CAD technician is expected to develop designs with the use of CAD hardware and software. The sketches or layouts of these designs are provided to them by engineers and architects.
- In certain cases, he also prepares the initial sketches of the design.
- He looks at the drawings and compares them with the requirement of the project and makes necessary changes.
- The CAD technicians make some improvisations in these sketches in order to bring out a quality product.
- He works with the engineers in order to confirm the accuracy of the design, drafting standards and other essential components that require an engineer’s intervention.
- He needs to engage in activities such as maintenance of file, taking its backup and storage.
- When need arises the CAD Technician also backs the field verification efforts
- He needs to collect all the information and other essential data for the design
- He is required to interact with the engineers, architects, clients and contractors in order to accomplish the project
- He is expected to maintain AutoCAD and even work on the technical issues
- He must upgrade the software regularly
- He should stay updated with the latest technological advancements so as to perform better.