A Business development manager is a person who crafts the persona of a business enterprise by setting up an environment to win.
This environment is achieved by mastering the skill of bringing entrepreneurial approach to all initiatives using methods of radical approach that help in meeting the desired targets and goals of the organisation. Business development manager job duties are explained below in detail.
Business Development Manager Job Duties
- A Business Development Manager has to skilfully evaluate the economic conditions which are relevant to his business segment and duly assess the marketing opportunities to expand the business by using tools of marketing, building a team, interacting with clients.
- A Business Development Manager has to implement a process of gathering intelligence using potential tools like marketing, sales, informative statistics and make detailed plans to execute the same.
- A Business Development Manager has to form a winning team and proactively engage and initiate them to new business prospects and facilitate orchestrate resources from the management and effectively lead the team to achieve the short term and long term financial goals and objectives of the business.
- A Business Development Manager has to open dialog with strategic customer base and build a strong interface relation to solidify mutual expectation and performance.
- A Business Development Manager must identify new products, new markets to be tapped, attend trade shows and seminars to seek all the intricate details about the potential of the related business and motivate his team to achieve the targets and goals.
- A Business Development Manager must have resilience to face all the pitfalls and obstacles and smoothly navigate his team, skilfully achieving the marketing opportunities.
- A Business Development Manager must develop a strong client and potential customer base and must have the acumen to be at the right place at the right time to grab the business opportunities.
- A Business Development Manager must evaluate realistically the business climate, the costing factor, the demand and supply of the goods and services and plan a strategy to facilitate the development of the Business.