Business administration is the segment of the business which encompasses all tasks ranging from managing operations, making arrangements and doing all that is needed for smooth operations. Most of what the business administrator may be required to do include the day to day operations of the business.
To meet all the requirements of this position the individual at this position must be able to multi-task, have an extensive understanding of the business matters and must be a keen observer. To clarify the role of the business administrator the duties for this position are being listed below.
Business Administration Job Duties
- Booking of all the flights for those going on business meetings/ trips along with making hotel and other arrangements is one of the duties of the business administrator.
- The business administrator has to keep up with the business operations and fix all the meetings/ appointments accordingly.
- The business administrator duties include ensuring that all the data entry and book keeping functions are performed regularly and that all the data is up to date.
- It is the duty of the business administrator to provide proper supervision to the rest of the administrative staff of the department or the organisation.
- The business administrator is required to handle a range of paper work that arises in the office as per the needs of the officials.
- Another duty of the business administrator is find out new ways to minimize the existing expenditure of the business entity.
- The tasks like drafting the cheques for office purposes, preparing/ checking invoices and receipts are also to be fulfilled by the business administrator.
- In some entities/ organisations the duties to be fulfilled by the business administrator may also include conducting interviews for varied administrative positions and making appropriate hiring.
- It is also the duty of the business administrator to manage liaisons with the clients when called for by his/ her superiors.