A Building Maintenance Technician has to perform a variety of tasks such as inspecting, maintaining and repairing the mechanical as well as electrical systems of the building.
He may even perform semi skilled duties such as painting, remodelling, carpentry and roofing. Building Maintenance Technician job duties are mentioned below in detail.
Building Maintenance Technician Job Duties
- A Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for installation, smooth functioning, safety and repair of all major technical equipments of the building. These may include air conditioning systems, water pumping system, drainage systems, elevator maintenance, plumbing, lighting and heating systems.
- A Building Maintenance Technician has to use tools and procedures to achieve smooth functioning of all technical equipments of the building.
- He/She also has to educate and appoint staff to maintain all the technical installations in the facility.
- A Building Maintenance Technician has to ensure all safety regulations and that local laws are followed keeping in mind the security aspects of all the facility users.
- He/ She has to liaison with vendors to procure, install, maintain, repair all technical equipments in the facility by inviting bids and ensuring that the contract is cost effective.
- He/She also has to implement measures and find methods to optimize the use of energy, water air conditioning and heating systems.
- A Building Maintenance Technician has to ensure that all the pipes and plumbing works are in working condition and drainage and garbage systems are working smoothly.
- Besides this, he/she also has to maintain all the bills/ documents related to the technical works in due order.
- A Building Maintenance Technician visits and inspects all the technical facilities and equipments regularly and submits the inspection reports to the supervisor.
- He/She then makes suggestions to improvise the facilities, introduce latest tools and methods of technology to enhance the functionality of all technical facilities which may benefit the users or occupants.