Bank credit analyst job duties include analyzing the financial statements in order to understand the details of the loan requested by the clients, identifying the risk involved in taking loan, acquiring the essential loan information, etc. It is very essential to have the ability to analyze the data minutely in order to become a Bank credit analyst.
The position also demands a degree in accounting or finance as well as a good amount of experience working in the banking field. Candidates having experience working in the loan division are given more preference.
Bank Credit Analyst Job Duties
- Bank Credit Analyst is required to assess the financial statements and figure out the status of the loans requested by the clients.
- Bank Credit Analyst is required to analyze the tax return of the company.
- Bank Credit Analyst needs to work in association with the lenders in order to get the information related to the loan.
- Bank Credit Analyst is required to manage various credit files.
- Bank Credit Analyst is required to go through the loan applications deposited by the loan applicants.
- Bank Credit Analyst needs to assess the payment capacity of different loan applicants and is also involved in approving or rejecting their applications based on their previous track record.
- Bank Credit Analyst is required to audit the credit files on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis based on the bank’s policy.
- Bank Credit Analyst is required to gather the financial reporting data from the loan specialists.
- Bank Credit Analyst needs to seek assistance from the collection team in order to get details about loan recovery in certain cases.
- Bank Credit Analyst may be required to deal directly with the clients in certain cases such as those of loan recovery.
- Bank Credit Analyst needs to compile a list of the cases where the credit is pending even after the due date and ensure that proper steps are taken to handle these cases properly.