The bank branch manager is responsible for the overall administration and efficiency of the daily operations of a full-service branch office including operations, product, sales, customer service and security & safety according to the bank’s objectives. Moreover he will also develop new deposits and loan businesses providing a best level of customer relations.
Bank Branch Manager’s Job Duties
- Promoting sales and service culture in the branch through coaching, guidance and motivating staff thereby achieves goals individually and for branch sales through new business sales, retention of account relationships and referrals
- Providing supervision, leadership and training; delegating day to day operations to the Operations Officer and other branch personnel.
- Responsible for establishing the bank and his branch goals through an active participation in the sales management and in officer call programs.
- Participates in the community affairs to increase the bank’s visibility and also to enhance existing and new business ventures.
- Acts as the operations officer in his absence or the other such management capacities as been directed by the Regional Manager.
- Responsible for bringing in the new customers and thereby boosting the bank’s profits.
- As the head of the bank, bank branch manager analyzes and creates management information and reports that are then given to the branch staff and head office.
- Appraises the performance of the branch staff in a timely fashion and in a fair manner, ensuring the safe-keeping of the filled Appraisal forms of the staff
- Ensuring that all audits take place smoothly and all the statutory requirements stated by the law applicable to the branch are met exactly the way they are applicable.