Automobile Mechanic Duties
Your primary job duty will be to repair and overhaul the automobiles, buses, trucks, and other automotive vehicles. You will have to examine every vehicle and discuss in details with the customer how much cost and time will be needed to complete the repairing job of the vehicle.
Job Duties of an Automobile Mechanic
- As a mechanic, you will have to see and assess the nature and extent of damage of the car or the vehicle. You will have to check the vehicle thoroughly before making any final comment on the extent of repair required.
- Once the customer places the order, you will have to disassemble the unit and inspect the parts for wear using the micrometers and the thickness gauges.
- You will have to repair the affected parts and replace them with new ones till the vehicle is in normal operation or that defect is modified.
- After the vehicle has been repaired, make it ideal for delivery to the customer and send all the relevant information to the billing department only to see that the customer makes all the payment before taking the delivery of the vehicle.
- Before making the delivery, just check whether all the lights are functioning properly or not.