Auto CAD Drafter Job Duties include working in association with project managers. He is required to use Auto CAD for developing floor plans, 2 D detailed drawings and telecommunication networks documentation. He may be required to seek suggestions from engineering consultants while carrying out these tasks. AutoCAD drafter is also required to carry out a number of other job duties; these are mentioned below in detail.
Auto CAD Drafter Job Duties
- Auto CAD Drafter is required to make use of AutoCAD to prepare electronic files, dimensioning, floor plans, single line drawings, telco, cut sheets, site plans, binding, etc.
- Auto CAD Drafter is required to plan and create CAD library and symbols.
- Auto CAD Drafter needs to maintain the CAD symbols.
- Auto CAD Drafter is required to organize the AutoCAD files systematically so that they are available as and when required.
- AutoCAD Drafter needs to communicate and coordinate with the clients in order to carry out various tasks.
- AutoCAD Drafter is required to coordinate with the vendors for various requirements. He is required to communicate with them from time to time in order to get various tasks done.
- Auto CAD Drafter is also required to consult other departments that are directly or indirectly involved in the AutoCAD activities.
- Auto CAD Drafter may be required to communicate with the vendors and clients over the phone, via internet or through other mediums.
- AutoCAD Drafter needs to work in close association with the project managers.
- AutoCAD Drafter is also required to consult the engineering consultants while taking certain decisions.
- AutoCAD Drafter is required to conduct meetings with the clients and vendors in order to discuss the work requirements.
- Auto CAD Drafter is required to keep a track of all the tasks with the help of Timeslip program.
- Auto CAD Drafter needs to track the requirement for the CAD related supplies.
- Auto CAD Drafter is required to order the needed CAD related supplies.