An assistant project manager is an individual who works as an assistant to a project manager in a company or an organization and makes sure that the project runs smoothly and is met with all its requirements and needs.
From managing the day to day aspects of a project to handling the administrative and clerical part of the project team, an assistant project manager has lot of work to do.
They must complete their tasks as assigned and take instructions from the project head or manager. Given below is a list of the assistant project manager job duties that he has to fulfill.
Assistant Project Manager Job Duties
- Any person who is employed at the position of an assistant project manager must assist the project manager and make sure that the manager has all that is needed to run the project without any delays or troubles.
- Maintaining of project reports, records, finance details and accounting details is also a duty of an assistant project manager.
- Depending upon the size of the company or project team, the duties of an assistant project manager may differ but most of them have to communicate with the design team and review the drawings or project plans
- It is the duty of an assistant project manager to send emails to team members to inform them about upcoming meetings and discussion sessions
- Writing contracts, communicating with clients to update them on the project development are also the duties of an assistant project manager.
- It is the duty of an assistant project manager to communicate with vendors, sub-contractors to order material and ensure product availability.
- An assistant project manager is also required to maintain logs and records of the project and evaluate the possible cost requirements.
- An assistant project manager has to take site visits as well.