Application engineer job duties include planning, preparing and installing machinery and other related equipment’s in industrial areas. These engineers are also required to ensure the maintenance work of these machineries and provide complete support to the staff members making use of these machines. They need to repair these machineries and other related tools and equipment’s if required. There are a number of other tasks that application engineers are required to handle; few of which are mentioned below in detail.
A candidate aspiring to become an application engineer is required to acquire a degree in application engineering.
Application Engineer Job Duties
- Application Engineer is required to plan the design of heavy as well as light weight machinery and equipment’s.
- Application Engineer needs to meet the clients and understand their specific requirement for machinery and prepare the machinery design accordingly.
- Application Engineer needs to install the machinery in different industries.
- Application Engineer is required to discuss the installation details with the client and get it approved by him.
- Application Engineer is required to make use of engineering instruments in order to install these machines.
- Application Engineer is required to ensure that these machines and equipment’s are maintained properly.
- Application Engineer needs to schedule the maintenance activities and inform about the same to the staff members before hand.
- Application Engineer needs to discuss the client’s budget at the time of undertaking the application engineering project and work as per the same.
- Application Engineer needs to see to it that the tasks assigned are performed as per the given deadline.
- Application Engineer needs to maintain cordial relations with the clients and ensure that they keep receiving newer projects from them.
- Application Engineer working at construction sites may be required to plan and design the building structures.
- Application Engineer needs to ensure that all the documentation work is complete before starting with the project.