Application support analyst job duties are to offer support on particular applications with various programming languages that are developed in a software company. The support offered by the candidate is usually technical or trouble shooting. The input for the support will be through requests raised by the employees, or help desk team. The application support analyst should possess sound knowledge on the applications as well as programming languages to be able to fulfill job duties accurately.
Application Support Analyst Job Duties
- Develop and integrate the applications based on the requirement in adherence with company’s standards and policies.
- Configure the business applications in required format using mentioned language.
- Provide full support to the business needs, prioritizing the urgent requirements and finding solutions within short duration.
- Thoroughly analyze the business requirement and improve the application to suit the needs of the end user.
- Create a database which captures the frequent requests or problems faced by the employees, and figure the improvements that can be done in the application.
- Provide an update to the senior management team, regarding the ideas that can be implemented to reduce the errors.
- Involve in knowledge transfer process, and share the learning’s with the peers on regular basis.
- Assimilate and analyze the subsystems to create application services.
- Be updated about the business requirements to create or integrate the system and come up with new applications.
- Document the ideas, creative solutions, and key help desk tickets and their solutions. Have to present the statistics of the problems and steps taken to avoid them, on bi monthly basis.
- Mange the work with self interest and take full ownership of all the requests.
- Maintain a good relationship with the other teams and external clients.
- Has to handle high pressure and support during the peak work load.