Administration Assistant/Clerk’s Duties
An Administration Assistant/Clerk, depending on the size of the organization may be either junior supervisory/non-supervisory levels and function under the supervision and control of Administrative Manager/Officer. His actions and deliberations are accountable by him/her and hence are required to apply utmost diligence in discharging the duties entrusted.
Job Duties of Administration Assistants/Clerks
- Compose correspondence regarding interpretation of general rules and regulations.
- Manage, organize, and update relevant data.
- Communicate effectively to provide information both internally and externally to aid and enable organizational operations efficiently.
- Deduce instructions and implement actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
- Seek guidance, request and recommend in case of absence of senior people as per agreed guidelines and policies.
- Adhere to procedures pertaining to proper use and care of equipment and materials and maintain inventory and update the records regularly.
- Recognize manager’s and staff priorities and coordinate logistical arrangements for program, agency and communicate instructions and directives accordingly.
- Track and monitor the assigned operating unit budgets and spending plans.
- Receive and execute orders received from his seniors making assignments based on desired objectives and review the work for achievement of results.
- Performs other related work as assigned.