An accounting coordinator is one who acts as an intermediary between the accounts receivable and accounts payable departments in an organization.
The primary duty of an accounting coordinator is to ensure smooth flow of work between the accounting departments by coordinating activities and paper work that is necessary. Some of the accounting coordinator job duties are provided here below in a more detailed manner.
Accounting Coordinator Job Duties
- Undertake communication of vital accounting information between various departments of the company.
- Provide effective information about accounting policy and changes accordingly to clients, suppliers, bankers and lenders of the company as and when necessary.
- Coordinate the day to day activities of the accounts department in every manner so that there is no hindrance of any kind in operational matters.
- The accounting coordinator also acts as a single point of contact between the outsiders and the company for all accounting transactions.
- The clerk has to maintain record and report all accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions every day.
- The candidate should ensure timely preparation and dispatch of invoices to the clients and also follow up for the payments within time.
- All the payments that have crossed the payment due date should be brought to the notice of the accounts manager by the accounting coordinator from time to time without fail.
- Preparation of tax challans and auditing of the same is also a key duty that an accounting coordinator fulfills on a regular basis.
- Maintenance of the accounting records both in physical and electronic form is another duty performed by an accounting coordinator.
- Conduct random check of all transactions of accounts receivable and accounts payable and act as a whistle blower when any transaction is found to be fraudulous.
- Assist the accounts department with preparation of all kinds of budget annually.