An Accountant is considered to be a principal officer of an organization vested with preparation of final accounts and submit the same to the management. He is answerable to the shareholders, auditors, creditors, etc. of the organization and hence should tap all the potentials by directing the staff working under him.
Job Duties of Accountants
– Should have finger tip information of the entire financial resources of the organization;
- Endeavour to safeguard the interest of the organization.
- To analyze financial information and prepare financial reports comprising record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability and other financial activities within the organization.
- To reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- To take up monthly closings for preparing periodical financial statements and reports.
- Initiate tax computations, reconciliations and returns.
- To liaise with organization’s bank and auditors for reconciliations, organization’s clients for accounts receivables and payables and maintain cordial relationship with people having interest in the organization.
- To implement and maintain internal financial controls and measures.
- To provide clarifications to tax authorities, auditors and other statutory agencies who may visit for inspection from time to time.
- To ensure the staff of the department are update in their work and plug all loopholes.